If you are searching for nursing scholarships in the USA to offset the cost of studying there, then you are on the right page.
Nursing is a lucrative career, and thousands of young minds join the field around the globe annually. Several schools and organizations offer scholarships based on merits and need to encourage more students to pursue a career in nursing.
Merit-based scholarships are offered to students with outstanding academic records and leadership potential, while need-based scholarships involve the consideration of the financial status of the applicants. Our recommendations include these two forms of nursing scholarships to ensure that every student can study nursing in the US without hassle.
ENA Foundation Scholarships
ENA Foundation is a US-based organization that offers educational scholarships to persons interested in pursuing a career in nursing or wanting to expand their knowledge in the field further. The scholarship offers are classified into three as:
- Conference Scholarships for International applicants
- Academic Scholarships
- Conference Scholarships for U.S. applicants
Each scholarship is open to undergraduates, graduates, and professional nurses. The benefits and number of beneficiaries to be selected are attached to individual scholarships and can be seen during the application.
However, you must meet the following requirements before applying for ENA Foundation scholarships:
- Applicant must be an active ENA member with a good reputation at the time of application
- Applicant must not be an ex-conference scholarship beneficiary
- Applicants must not receive funding from national associations, state councils, or chapters of ENA.
- Applicant must not have served on the ENA Board of Directors, ENA Foundation Board of Trustees, or the ENA Foundation Scholarship Selection Committee in the last three years.
The deadline for each of the scholarships is as follows:
- 21st of February, 2023, for International Conference Scholarships
- 1st of March, 2023, to 13th of May, 2023, for Academic Scholarships
- 14th of March 14, 2023, to 23rd of May, 2023, for US Conference Scholarships.
Geraldine “Polly” Bednash Scholarship
Geraldine “Polly” Bednash Scholarship is a nursing scholarship in the US that is overseen by the American Association of Colleges of Nursing (AACN). The scholarship offers applicants from eligible schools a chance to secure $5000. It is awarded four times (4x) in a year to give a total worth of $200 000.
- Applicants must maintain a minimum GPA of 3.2 at the time of application or in a recent school.
- Applicants must enroll in a baccalaureate or higher-degree nursing program at an AACN-supported institution. Those who have already submitted their applications to a nursing school in the US via NursingCAS can also apply
- Applicant must be of good conduct in his present school
- Application Process
- Interested students should check out the AACN Scholarship page to apply
- AACN would contact only successful applicants after the scholarships.
- The deadlines for the scholarships are spread across each period the platform awards a contract. The deadlines are January 30, April 31s, July 31st, and October 31st.
Nurses Make A Difference Scholarship
Nurses Make A Difference is an annual scholarship awarded by Cascade Healthcare Solutions to aspiring nurses. The scholarship is structured around an essay contest with the topic for each year provided by the organizers.
Eligibility For Nursing Scholarship In the USA
- Interested candidates must be legal residents or citizens or possess valid student visas.
- Interested candidates must be undergraduates or freshmen of an accredited university in the US.
- Applicants must have a minimum CGPA of 3.0.
- The winner would be awarded $1000
- Applicants must provide proof of residency in the US
- Applicants must provide evidence of acceptance into an accredited university or college to study nursing in the US
- The winning applicant must be willing to submit a short bio and picture of himself to be used on Cascade’s website and social media pages
- Employees of Cascade and their family members are ineligible to apply
- The scholarship panel of Cascade will evaluate each submission to select the best essay
- The panel will contact the winner through phone, e-mail, or the school he/she is enrolled in.
- The deadline for the application is August 1, while the winner will be announced on the 1st of September.
Oncology Nursing Foundation Scholarships
This scholarship is available only to Master’s students and is supported by the Oncology Nursing Foundation and the Oncology Nursing Certification Corporation. Entries are currently accepted for the scholarship from nurses in Oncology aiming to obtain a Master’s degree in a relevant field.
- Interested candidates must be enrolled in, applied to, or accepted into a master’s degree program in any accredited institution in the US for the 23/24 academic session (session begins in Fall of 2023)
- Applicants must have maintained an excellent academic record
- Applicants must be registered nurses committed to oncology.
- Each awardee will get $5000 as financial support. The awarded cash can only be used for tuition fee payment and coverage of other expenses, such as the purchase of books and supplies.
Note that the expenses do not include travel expenses and other indirect expenses.
- Applicants must pay a non-refundable $5.00 processing fee. Once payment has been made, an e-mail from ONS will be sent to the payer with the Order Number. The Order Number should be included with your details during application.
- Applicants must provide a letter of reference written on a letterhead paper from their current work supervisor or an academic advisor with the person’s signature.
- Applicants must be willing to take part in a post-graduation survey.
- Submitted essays should be well-written and must not exceed the required word count.
- All submissions should be made only through the application portal
- Early submissions are highly encouraged
- Submissions should include a letter of recommendation, proof of professional membership, and past volunteer experience.
All submitted essays must discuss the following:
- Description of your professional goals, how the goals relate to the development of oncology nursing, and how this educational program will assist you in achieving your stated goals in 100 words or less
- Describe the impact of the following (500 words or less):
- Your work on cancer patient care
- How you have grown professionally as a nurse
- How your role exemplifies the pillars of the Oncology Nursing Foundation?
- How your role exemplifies your commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- The deadline for application is the 1st of February, 2023. Screening ends in April 2023, and disbursement of funds begins on the 1st of July 2023.
- How can I get a scholarship to study nursing in the USA?
You can secure a scholarship to study nursing in the US by applying to the available ones you are eligible for. Some of them have been recommended on this page to enable you to begin your application.
- Can I get a scholarship to study nursing?
Yeah, there are a lot of scholarship opportunities to study nursing in the US or any other top country.
- Can I study nursing in the USA for free?
Studying nursing for free in the US is not a common scenario since you will incur fees somehow. However, you can still secure a fully-funded scholarship to decrease the significance of your expenses.
There are many nursing scholarships in the US that can be utilized as a means of financial support in school. The requirements of many of these scholarships are quite basic and will be highly competitive.
Nevertheless, you can still grab one or two by submitting an excellent application and demonstrating reasons you should be considered for the opportunities.